The HKSAR Government set up condolence points in each of the 18 districts for the public to mourn the victims of the vessel collision incident off Lamma Island for 3 days starting 4 October, 2012.
The public can sign the condolence books from 1pm to 9pm on October 4, and from 9am to 9pm on the following 2 days.
The places for condolences are as follows:
- Central and Western : Lift lobby, G/F, Kennedy Town, Community Complex, 12 Rock Hill Street, Kennedy Town
- Wan Chai : Leighton Hill Community Hall – 133 Wong Nai Chung Road, Happy Valley
- Eastern : Quarry Bay Community Hall – G/F, Quarry Bay Community Complex,1 Greig Road, Quarry Bay
- Southern : Ap Lei Chau Community Hall – Ap Lei Chau Estate, Ap Lei Chau
- Kowloon City : To Kwa Wan Kaifong – Welfare Association, 56, Kowloon City Rd, Tokwawan
- Kwun Tong : Lam Tin (East) Community Hall – 2/F, Lam Tin Community Complex, 223 Pik Wan Road, Lam Tin
- Sham Shui Po : Lai Kok Community Hall – Lai Kok Estate, Cheung Sha Wan
- Wong Tai Sin : Wong Tai Sin Community Centre – 104, Ching Tak Street, Wong Tai Sin
- Yau Tsim Mong : Mong Kok Community Hall – L2, Mong Kok Complex, 557 Shanghai Street, Mong Kok
- Islands : Tung Chung Community Hall – G/F, Tung Chung, Municipal Services Building, 39 Man Tung Road, Tung Chung
- Kwai Tsing : Kwai Fong Community Hall – 2 Lai Fong Street, Kwai Chung
- North : Luen Wo Hui Community Hall – G/F, 9 Wo Mun Street, Luen Wo Hui, Fanling
- Sai Kung : Hang Hau Community Hall – G/F, Sai Kung Tseung Kwan O, Government Complex, 38 Pui Shing Road, Hang Hau, Tseung Kwan O
- Sha Tin : G/F, Sha Tin Government Offices – 1 Sheung Wo Che Road, Sha Tin
- Tai Po : Exhibition Hall, Tai Po Community Centre, 2 Heung Sze Wui Street, Tai Po
- Tsuen Wan : G/F, Princess Alexandra Community Centre, 60 Tai Ho Road, Tsuen Wan
- Tuen Mun : On Ting / Yau Oi Community Centre – On Ting Estate, Tuen Mun
- Yuen Long : Yuen Long District Office – G/F, Yuen Long District, Office Building,269 Castle Peak Road, Yuen Long
The 2012 Lamma Island ferry collision occurred on 1 October,2012 when a ferry and another passenger vessel collided off Yung Shue Wan, Lamma Island, Hong Kong, at about 20:20 HKT. The day was the National Day of the PRC, and one of the ships was headed for the commemorating fireworks display, which was scheduled to take place half an hour later. With 38 killed and more than 100 injured, the incident was the deadliest maritime disaster in Hong Kong since 1971.
More Hong Kong News Pictures: