Tamar Central Government Complex is the new location for the offices of the Government of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
The new government building uses neither Chinese nor European government building designs, but instead it is a mix of postmodern architecture and low-frills international design.
Located at the Tamar site, the complex houses the Office of the Chief Executive of Hong Kong, the Legislative Council of Hong Kong and the Central Government Offices.
This winning design was from the Gammon-Hip Hing group and scheduled to be completed in 2010. Construction is due to begin in mid-February 2008, for completion in 2011. It will engage more than 3,000 workers.
Address : 2 Tim Mei Avenue, Tamar, Admiralty, Hong Kong
How to get there:
The public can access Tamar either by the elevated walkway system linking the nearby commercial centres to Tim Mei Avenue, or the elevated walkway across Harcourt Road at the north of Admiralty Centre.
Public Transport Services
The public can take MTR (MTR Admiralty Station Exit A), franchised bus, green minibus or tram to Admiralty for access to Tamar. Alternatively, the public can make use of the bus stop outside the Central Government Offices at Harcourt Road, Lung Wui Road or the one outside the Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts at Gloucester Road, or take the taxi service for direct access to Central Government Offices or Legislative Council Complex. For convenience of the public, a taxi stand is provided at Lung Wui Road near Tim Mei Avenue.
Public Transport Services near Tamar
Franchised Bus Routes
- Admiralty Stop (Queensway eastbound)
1, 2, 5, 5B, 5C, 5S, 5X, 6, 6A, 6X, 10, 10S, 11, 15, 23, 23A, 23B, 25, 26, 40, 40M, 66, 103, 104, 111, 115, 182, 260, 307, 373, 511, 601P, 603, 603P, 619, 621, 680X, 681, 681P, 690, 690P, 692, 720, 722, 960P, 969B, A11, E11
- Pacific Place stop, High Court stop (Queensway westbound)
1, 5, 5B, 5S, 5X, 6, 6A, 6X, 10, 10S, 11, 15, 23, 23A, 23B, 25, 26, 37A, 40, 40M, 66, 75, 90, 90C, 97, 101, 104, 109, 111, 113, 182, 182P, 621, 691, 690, 811, 905, 914, 934, 935, 948, 960, 961, 962, 968, 969, 969A, 969B, E11
- Admiralty (West) Bus Terminus, Lippo Centre stop, Tamar Street stop, Drake Street stop
12A, 12M, 104, 601, 629, 629S, 680, 680A, 680P, 905, 914, 934, 935, 948, 948P, 960, 960S, 961, 962, 962A, 962B, 962P, 96SS, 962X, 967, 968, 969, 969A, 969P
- Admiralty Centre stop (Harcourt Road westbound)
2, 70M, 260, 301, 302, 305, 307, 336, 373, 511, 590A, 601, 601P, 641, 680A, 681P, 692, 692P, 720, 720A, 720P, 722, 722, 780, 780P
- The Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts stop (Gloucester Road eastbound)
5P, 18P, 46X, 590, 720, 720A, 720P, 722, 780, 788, A12
- Lung Wui Road stop
18, 43X, 373A, 914X
- Central Government Offices stop (Harcourt Road eastbound)
18, 43X, 373A, 720A, 914X
Green Minibus (GMB) Routes
- Queensway eastbound stop: 10, 11, 31, 56, 56A
- Queensway westbound stop: 56,56A
- Admiralty (Drake Street): 6, 10, 11, 24A, 24M, 31
The public vehicular accesses of the Central Government Offices and Legislative Council Complex are located at Tim Mei Avenue and Legislative Council Road respectively. Boarding or alighting is allowed within the area of these buildings . The map below shows the suggested arrival and departure routes. Motorists can observe the directional signs below for Tamar.
Note: No public parking facility is available within the area of the Central Government Offices and Legislative Council Complex.
Suggested Arrival Routes
- Vehicles coming from the east of Tamar can enter Tim Mei Avenue and Legislative Council Road via Lung Wui Road:
- Vehicles from roads such as Island Eastern Corridor, Cross Harbour Tunnel or Tai Hang Road for Lung Wui Road can travel via Tonnochy Road flyover, Harbour Road and Fenwick Pier Street.
- Vehicles from Wanchai for Lung Wui Road can route through Marsh Road flyover or Fleming Road flyover onto Convention Avenue and then to Fenwick Pier Street.
- Vehicles coming from Central, Sheung Wan or further west can choose either Lung Wo Road or Harcourt Road, for access to Tim Mei Avenue and Legislative Council Road.
- Vehicles coming from Mid-Levels can use Garden Road and Harcourt Road for access to Tamar.