HONG KONG 11 August, 2012 – Taiwan Eslite Bookstore opened it’s first oversea branch in Causeway Bay, Hong Kong.
The new shop occupies floors 8 to 10 of The Hysan Place department store (where Mitsukoshi used to be), stretches 40,000 feet, making it the city’s largest bookstore. It stocks some 100,000 titles for readers to browse and buy seven days a week. 60% of them are Traditional Chinese books, 40% of foreign language books, no simplified Chinese book at this moment.
It is the first bookstore in Hong Kong to operate through the night.
8/F: new book area, book exhibition, lifestyle and children’s areas, 10/10 drug and beauty store and Hong Kong restaurant HABITU.
9/F : literature District, humanities and social sciences, the arts district, and audio-visual area, another lecture venues, art galleries and Eslite Tea Room.
10/F : magazines, tourism book, stationery and business / language / computer area
Founded in 1989, eslite began as an individual bookstore specialised in arts and humanities titles. Today, with the unending quest for cultivating humanities, arts, creativity and lifestyle and with customer recognition, eslite has become a cultural hub offering a wide collection of books, exhibitions, events, performing arts and fine dining experiences. eslite is a world-renowned trend setting brand in Asia. eslite were the first in the world to operate a 24-hour bookstore since 1999. In 2004, eslite named as Asia’s Best bookstore by Time magazine (Asia Edition), followed by Top 100 Taiwan brand in the cultural and creative service category by the Ministry of Economic Affairs, R.O.C. in 2011.
Eslite bookstore Causeway Bay branch
Address : Hysan Place 8/F – 10/F, 500 Hennessy Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
Phone Number : +852 3419-6789
Opening Hours: 10:00AM ~ 11:00PM (open for 24 hours every Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 11 Aug., 2012 to 16 Sept, 2012)
How to get there :
- Island Line: Causeway Station (Exit F2)
- Airport Express Line : Interchange at Hong Kong Station > take Island line to Causeway Bay Station
- 2A, 2X, 8P, 11, 23, 23A, 25, 25C, 38, 42, 42C, 65, 72, 72A, 77, 96, 592, E11, N8, N8X, N72, N619, N680 (Hysan Place)
- 112, 116, N122 (Sogo Department Store)
- 108, 112, 116, 968, N122, N368 (Yee Wo Street)
- Mini bus
- Route which passing by Hysan Place – Hennessy Road (4A, 6, 36, 36A, 39, 40, 19S)
- Tram: Percival Street (Eastbound) / Paterson Street (Westbound)
- Car Park
- Lee Gardens One, Lee Gardens Two, Sunning Plaza and Leighton Car Park
Stock Photo ID : hkdigit-20120813-135212, hkdigit-20120813-135019, hkdigit-20120813-135651, hkdigit-20120813-135224