HONG KONG – 2012 : Hong Kong International Dragon Boat Races, the 37th edition, will see about 3,000 rowers compete for 10 championships. The race course will stretch along Victoria Harbour, roughly between the InterContinental Grand Stanford Hong Kong and Wing On Plaza. On the Tsim Sha Tsui East Promenade, the organisers have set up bamboo stages and parasols for spectators to watch the races in the shade.
All races in the Hong Kong International Dragon Boat Races are Standard Boat Races over 500m.
- Local Dragon Boat Races
- Sino Group Open Championship
- Hong Kong Disneyland Mixed Championship
- Wanchai and Central & Western District Industries and Commerce Association Bank & Financial Institution Championship
- Professionals’ Championship
- Lee Kum Kee Women’s Championship
- Ngong Ping 360 Inter-Company Championship
- Disciplinary Force Championship
- International Dragon Boat Races
- Open International Championship
- Mixed International Championship
- Women’s International Championship
Date: 2 July, 2012 (Monday)
Time: 9am – 5pm
Venue: Tsim Sha Tsui Promenade
Ticketing: Free admission
How To Get There
MTR Tsim Sha Tsui Station Exit G, walk along Mody Road towards the East Tsim Sha Tsui waterfront for about 15 minutes or MTR East Tsim Sha Tsui Station Exit P1.
Star Ferry from either Central or Wan Chai to Tsim Sha Tsui. Turn right after alighting from the ferry and walk along the waterfront for about 15 minutes.
Stock Photo ID : hkdigit-20120708-125020